Mr. Kent

Someone Who Wants to Make a Difference in our Lives

Michael Koch, Staff Contributor

COVID has had a huge impact on our society these past few months so I decided to interview principal Kent to ask how he’s been dealing with it.

“ C’mon wash your hand’s people, not just during COVID but always, it’s gross!”

Why did you want to be a principal?

“Well, I wanted to be able to make changes, to make it a better place.”

How has COVID affected you?

“It’s been hard especially having to wear a mask all day because they’re not very comfortable but I know their importance and I know they make a difference.  We need to wear masks so we can stay in school.”

How long do you think we will be in school with the rising numbers?

“I honestly don’t know but I hope we stay in school for a while.”

When you were in high school, what did you want to do when you grew up?

“I knew I wanted to do something where I could make a difference and I thought being a principal, I could make changes and make school a better place to be.”

Have you always wanted to be a principal?

“Not always, I knew I wanted to do something that could make a difference but I initially didn’t know what.”

Due to these stressful times, how have you worked to stay well – to keep a good mindset?

”My daughter is approaching two and a half years old. Our routine involves a ton of outside time: pushing her in our jogging stroller, pulling in a bike buggy, hikes in Dolliver, etc. It keeps us all healthy and sane. That being said, my resting heart rate has significantly increased since mid-August. According to my heart monitor. Despite this stressful year, you should make the most of this year -you only live once.”